Friday, May 18, 2012

Don't listen to "THEM"

So I've been a little lax in blogging. Sorry but I've been a bit busy. I needed to write this post because I actually have something of value to say. At least I think I do. As you know, I've never been good at dieting and don't really pay too much attention to my weight....except of course when my friend handed me a cute little bridal picture book from her daughter's wedding complete with photos of me and the beautiful bride. At that very moment did I realize that I had put on a lot of weight! So with my own daughter's wedding coming up very soon, I decided to lose the weight I had packed on in the last 5 or 6 years. Now I'll get to the reason for this entry....To date I've lost 18 lbs. That is a lot of weight for me. I'm short and small boned. I defied EVERY rule that the "dieting experts" scream from the roof tops. Let me list them.... I still eat carbs... I eat candy every day ( because I really like it)... I skip meals... I NEVER eat breakfast... I don't exercise ( partly because I hate it, and partly because of physical limitations)... I eat way past 6:00 pm...in fact I probably take my last bite at 10:00 ( my bedside draw is filled with beef jerky, twizzlers, nerds and Dove chocolate)... I go out to dinner on Friday, Saturday and Sunday afternoon... I fast two meals every Monday... So, with all that said, YOU CAN still lose weight and not have to suffer! The key??? Very simple. AMOUNT! It's ALL about caloric intake. Learn to eat less amounts of the things you love. If I deprive myself of something I like or crave, then I'll just prolong the inevitable and eat it later anyway. On the days I over due it (weekends and parties) I fast two meals the following day. It takes away the guilt and it gives my body a chance to detox. So, that is my advise. Don't listen to the EXPERTS. Listen to what your body says.. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment