Monday, February 27, 2012

Pass me the bowl of M&M's please.................

All in all things have been okay, but dieting is really really tough.  Weekends are brutal. Yummy food is everywhere.  I had every intention of sticking to my guns this weekend, but I blew it on Sunday! And I wonder why it takes me FOVEVER to lose weight!!!!  I am down about 7 lbs. I won't complain too much because I am happy. My hubby wanted to get on board with me and guess what? He lost 5 lbs in 2 days! I could scream................  Two days?! Five lbs takes me more than  5 weeks! Something just not fair about that. Anyway, today is Monday and I will be back on track.  Had some water weight issues this past week so I may hold off weighing myself for another day or two. 
For dinner, I made an altered version of my stuffed peppers. I cut red peppers lengthwise and tried a combination of ground turkey and ground chicken. I  sauted the meat in 1 Tbsp oil and some water and then seasoned it with garlic salt, onions and green peppers. I then added the packaged brown gravy, and mixed in some cooked basmati rice. It was actually bettter tasting than the original recipe. Eating and preparing healthy low-fat foods is not my problem. It's the WEEKENDS! My problem is when I have no control over what I make.  My confession......yesterday I munched on tortilla chips, dip, cream cheese spread, and M&M's. Then I topped it off with the low-fat strawberry Angel-food cake I made!  I could hardly move. I was so full! Not to mention...mad at myself.  It seems the only way I can make up for the guilt is to fast a meal or two the day after I pig-out. It appears to work both psychologically and physically. So, I guess I won't be eating until tonight!

4 comments:

  1. I get the feeling that you are a little too impatient with this weight loss thing. I would think that 5 pounds in five weeks would be good. I know if I deprive myself too much, I go on a bit of a binge and gain all the weight back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ease up a little on yourself Dina, you are doing great. Also, not eating is probably a very bad thing. You need to get back into structure after a mess up. Chobani yogurt (high protein) is a good thing to eat for breakfast after a mess up. You still need to get your metabolism up and fasting will just shutdown your system and throw it into preservation mode. You did very well yesterday- there was a lot of temptation. I had fun!

    p.s. I just came back from the doctors, my blood pressure is fine and I lost three pounds. It's a start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, first of all, congrats on the the 3 lbs! I am so happy for you....as far as me being hard on myself, I think it's a good thing. Rationalizing causes one to keep going in the wrong direction. Well, me anyway. And the fasting is to REST my body and digestive system and to help purge all the crap out. I only do it for a half day and it really works. I NEVER gain weight from over indulging when I fast right after. I think our bodies are all different and react differently to different foods and styles. I for one require very little meat protein. Yet I metabolize sugar better than most. I tried a high protein diet once and felt awful...but I have two friends who do excellent on Atkins or south each type. My body needs lots of vegetables , starches and beans and a very very small amount of meat. Don't get me wrong, I love steak but probably have it twice a year! Keep up the good work...and by the way, u did well yesterday....I ate way too much!!!!,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scott, I am impatient...I have to try a dress on next Thursday and they only have it in size 10!!!

    ReplyDelete