Thursday, October 6, 2011

Climbing the Walls....

So I did pretty good today. I didn't over eat although I had a really weak moment around 8 pm tonight. I wanted to eat everything including the dog! My body was craving sugar so bad so I ate a few candy corns and decided to make myself a salad instead of eating Cheetos and a chocolate bar. The craving waned enough for me to exercise what little will-power I had at the moment. It was a huge VICTORY for me.
I rode my incumbent bike today. That was a big deal too. I also starting looking into a water aerobics program. I know it's important to speed up my metabolism so I can burn calories easier. It's not easy at my age. But I figure any amount of exercise is better than no exercise at all. My Physical Therapist only gave me the go for 10 minutes of bike riding at a time. I am still healing and I need to be wise.
I decided to have breakfast today although it seems to activate my appetite which makes it more challenging. I ate 1/2 cup of grape nuts, with 1/2 c skim milk and some dried cranberries. For lunch I had a huge salad with Boston lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, onions, and cabbage slaw. I topped it with low fat raspberry dressing. I also had a 1/2 c of homemade chicken soup and a cup of tea. I am never really thirsty so drinking is not something I think about. I think I will put out a pitcher of water so that it is in my face. Hopefully that will help increase my fluid intake. For snack I had a Clementine. For dinner, I ate the same thing I had last night. 1 c Wheat pasta with diced tomatoes, olives and artichoke hearts. Later I snacked on some low fat microwave popcorn and then I ate another salad when I started craving sugar AGAIN. I know it will take about a week or so to break that craving. Overall, I feel I did well despite the overwhelming urge to eat my house!. I am hoping tomorrow will be successful also. Hope you did well! Please feel free to post comments, concerns, struggles or prayer requests. Don't be shy, we are all in this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment