Monday, October 24, 2011

How to make a Turkey feel Loved.

Yesterday went well. I stuck to my guns and ate well. I did not ride the bike....I was too sore from walking 5 miles a day in Chicago. How in the world can your arms get sore from walking???? I know I am out of shape, but that's pathetic!  I ate breakfast (bowl of Product 19, skim milk and dried cranberries) and for dinner I made stuffed peppers. This recipe has actually become a favorite in our house. I was NEVER a fan of ground turkey, but if you season it right, it can actually taste delicious. The meat sucks in the spices quite well.  I take the tops off the peppers and chop them and saute them with a little olive oil and a chopped onion and minced clove of garlic. Then I add the ground turkey and sprinkle it with garlic salt and pepper. In a separate pan I make two packs of McCormack Brown gravy. Then add half the gravy to the turkey, let it cool while making some rice. I decided to make half brown, half white and it was really tasty.  Add the rice to the turkey mixture and then the remaining gravy. Stuff each pepper, add a little water to the bottom of the baking dish and cook for 30-40 min in a 350 degree oven.  Low calorie, low fat and high in nutients.It is also very satisfying and doesnt leave you with the bloated feeling you can get from ground beef. It's easier to digest and it is a really good left-over. Buon Appetito! 

No comments:

Post a Comment