Monday, October 17, 2011

Can Not Break a Tradition!

Today was the day that I set aside to turn all of those hand picked apples into yummy bakery treats. Despite the fact that I am watching my weight, traditions must not be broken. I prepared myself mentally to just taste and not indulge so I was fine with it. I baked an apple pie, 2 apple crisp pies and 5 caramel apples. I had a small piece of the pie. Not sure if I out did myself OR I was just happy to have a sweet. But it was good. I also had a very satisfying dinner of chicken with a cilantro sauce, baked potato, and a side of spinach. I actually even left some in my plate because I was full. This is something I am trying VERY hard to practice. It's hard to break old habits of cleaning the plate or going for seconds. After dinner my husband and I went to see the movie "Dolphin Tail". I enjoyed it so much that I am making plans to go see the real dolphin in Clearwater, Fl. After the show I came home and had a caramel apple. I was surprised to find out that it was only worth 4 pts on weight watchers! That is the same as a bowl of cereal. I think that is why I like W.W.in comparison
to other diet plans. You can eat ANYTHING as long as you stay within your daily points. So I was able to enjoy the treats I made and still managed to stay within my limits. On a negative note, I didn't exercise. I was busy baking and cooking all day and was too tired to ride the bike. I find exercising tougher than dieting. It's just so boring. Still thinking about joining water aerobics one of these days. Just not sure which day!
Hope you had a successful day!

2 comments:

  1. how is counting WW points any different than counting calories?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's much easier and once u get the hang of it you almost start to memorize what foods are worth in point values. For instance, I made a buffalo turkey burger with a lite hamberg bun and all the fixins(lettuce, onion, tomato...and it was worth 7 point. My daily limit is 29. So i split the points throughout 4 meals having the higher points for dinner(my favorite time to eat).
    Dina

    ReplyDelete